Business Development Manager Cover Letter
Business Development Managers improve a company’s market position by handling business relationships. These professionals are responsible for securing new business deals and exploring opportunities. Specific duties of a Business Development Manager are taking part in industry events, proposing business deals, making investment recommendations, maintaining business information confidentiality, and working to enhance organization reputation. One of their duties is updating their technical and professional knowledge to achieve better results.
Based on our collection of example cover letters for Business Development Manager, the most sought-after skills for the job are:
- Business acumen and commercial awareness
- Professionalism and presentation skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities
- Networking skills
- Computer proficiency
- Problem-solving orientation
- Organizational skills
A sample cover letter emphasizing similar qualifications is available below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Business Development Manager Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Lordes:
Upon review of your posting for a Business Development Manager, I was immediately compelled to submit my resume for your review. As an experienced, senior-level professional with a strong history of driving dynamic product sales, managing client relationships, and substantially increasing revenues, I stand to significantly contribute to your objectives in this position.
My experience in identifying new business opportunities, cultivating and maintaining relationships with executive business partners, and spearheading effective sales and market penetration strategies positions me to greatly impact your organization. By leveraging expertise and insight to implement forward-thinking and strategic business development solutions, I excel at connecting with key decision-makers and quickly building profitable, lasting partnerships that sustain revenue growth.
Following are highlights of my qualifications
- Managing business development and relationship management efforts for Stingray, a Fortune 500 company; spearheading account management efforts and cost / risk analyses to achieve optimal client satisfaction.
- Evolving new lines of business through account prospecting, market analysis, and client relationships to propel business success and achieve organizational goals.
- Conducting dynamic presentations targeted to key decision makers while negotiating profitable contracts and agreements in conjunction with senior management.
- Creating and delivering high-impact presentations; overseeing proposal development and negotiations to realize outstanding sales performance and business growth.
My dedication to forging key partnerships to drive business development and advantage, along with my proven talents in sales and marketing management, characterize my career accomplishments and will allow me to significantly benefit your team. I look forward to discussing this position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Michele D. Schall
A well-written cover letter serves as your introduction to a company and its hiring manager, or hiring committee, as the case may be. It highlights your career achievements and recognitions, and relates your skills and qualifications for the position. A good cover letter also gives you the opportunity to expand on certain skills that may be overlooked in the resume format. Study this free business development manager cover letter sample and review our extra tips, which will help you write a compelling letter.
Free Business Development Manager Cover Letter Sample
Dear Ms. Tanner,
I am writing in application for the role of business development manager with your organization. With my leadership experience and public relations savvy, I am confident that I am the best candidate for this position.
In your job posting, you explained that this role is critical to your company’s growth. Having worked as a business development manager for an area organization, I know this to be true. I am comfortable working with company executives to develop strategic goals and construct a plan to meet them. Part of those plans include conducting financial analysis to drive wise decision-making in development opportunities.
I also understand the sales side of this position, which involves building and maintaining beneficial relationships with other organizations, including public officials, media representatives, partner organizations, customers, and more.
I have the skills and experience to lead your organization in meeting its long-term business goals, and I would enjoy the opportunity to further discuss my abilities. Thank you for your time.
What to Include in a Business Development Manager Cover Letter
Avoid cliches when creating your cover letter, you want your letter to stand out. You should specifically address the skills outlined in the job posting and your qualifications. Keep the letter short but include enough information to tempt readers to continue. Four paragraphs are plenty to highlight your achievements, as shown in the free business development manager cover letter sample above. Remember to thank the reader for their time and follow up with a request for an interview.
Industry Specific Skills to Include
Here are some qualities you can include, along with those presented above in our free business development manager cover letter sample.
• Organizational planning: You will work with company executives and department managers to develop long-range business goals and put together a plan to meet those goals.
• Financial planning: Working hand-in-hand with the financial manager, you should be able to read and understand budgets, forecasts, and reports.
• Public relations: You will likely be involved with public relations efforts, and you should have a good grasp on this area’s strategies and goals.
• Market research: You need to stay current with market trends and understand how your company can take advantage of shifts in the marketplace.