The Atlas Of The Human Body4.78 · Rating details · 60 Ratings · 1 Review
Discover how the human body works in this fascinating examination. Navigate through the body from head to toe, looking at bones, muscles, organs, and soft tissue. Learn incredible facts: there are over 9000 taste buds on your tongue and approximately 120,000 hairs on your head. The human body is an immensely complex organism, but this book describes its components and funcDiscover how the human body works in this fascinating examination. Navigate through the body from head to toe, looking at bones, muscles, organs, and soft tissue. Learn incredible facts: there are over 9000 taste buds on your tongue and approximately 120,000 hairs on your head. The human body is an immensely complex organism, but this book describes its components and functions and the way they work together in clear language and through an array of detailed illustrations. Easy to follow, jargon-free text describes the composition and function of each part of the body -- from the skull to the toes -- and the illustrations are annotated with labels that make every element clear. The book is organized according to the different structures and systems found in the human body....more
Published (first published 2000)
Imaging Atlas of Human Anatomy, 4th Edition provides a solid foundation for understanding human anatomy. Jamie Weir, Peter Abrahams, Jonathan D. Spratt, and Lonie Salkowski offer a complete and 3-dimensional view of the structures and relationships within the body through a variety of imaging modalities. Over 60% new images—showing cross-sectional views in CT and MRI, nuclear medicine imaging, and more—along with revised legends and labels ensure that you have the best and most up-to-date visual resource. This atlas will widen your applied and clinical knowledge of human anatomy.
- Features orientation drawings that support your understanding of different views and orientations in images with tables of ossification dates for bone development.
- Presents the images with number labeling to keep them clean and help with self-testing.
- Features completely revised legends and labels and over 60% new images—cross-sectional views in CT and MRI, angiography, ultrasound, fetal anatomy, plain film anatomy, nuclear medicine imaging, and more—with better resolution for the most current anatomical views.
- Reflects current radiological and anatomical practice through reorganized chapters on the abdomen and pelvis, including a new chapter on cross-sectional imaging.
- Covers a variety of common and up-to-date modern imaging—including a completely new section on Nuclear Medicine—for a view of living anatomical structures that enhance your artwork and dissection-based comprehension.
- Includes stills of 3-D images to provide a visual understanding of moving images.